Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday, 29 October 2008

bivouac \BIV-wak, BIV-uh-wak\, noun:1. An encampment for the night, usually under little or no shelter.
Since I am entirely uncreative, I decided to blog with daily inspiration: the Word of the Day from a Facebook appplication. So word one: bivouac. I have never heard of the word - no big surprise since it is unlikely you would ever catch me camping out with little or no shelter. It is not that the thought does not hold some appeal - under the stars, one with nature, all of that. I'm just not big on bugs, wild animals and being cold. It is somewhat ironic that this is today's word because I just read that Shayna's Brownie Troop is going to have a field trip to the Detroit Zoo in June that involves staying overnight at the zoo. I must admit that my first thought when I read this was "Umm.....where exactly will we be sleeping?" I really hope it is not too close to the lions, just saying.

4 comments:

LiLi said...

I am going to read your blog often, I LOVE WORDS!

karen said...

welcome to the world of blogging :)

Unknown said...

I thought "Bivouac" was a store in Ann Arbor with overpriced clothing like Girbaud Jeans.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Cute idea. :)