Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday, 30 October 2008

hubris \HYOO-bruhs\, noun:Overbearing pride or presumption.

Don't we all do this with our children? I've got the most amazing football playing, smartest, kindest and most considerate 15 year old in the world. I've got the most handsome, intelligent and funny 13 year old who puts his mother on a pedestal as if she were the Queen. I have, hands down, the most beautiful almost 7 year old little girl in all the world who never ceases to amaze me with her wisdom beyond her years. And my sweet 5 year old baby boy - could there be a more compassionate and passionate child in all the world? Yes, we all do this. But, I might want to also mention the other, well, more realistic moments in life. I've got a 15 year old who tells me he's just going to live in my basement until he's 40 so I can just keep taking care of him. (Um, honey......I think you've got that wrong. You'll be taking care of ME!.) I've got a 13 year old who seems to take great pleasure in seeing which of his younger siblings he can make scream "Mommy" first and loudest, followed by his own maniacal giggle. And my sweet little girl - can you PLEASE try to save the teenage attitude for when you are a LITTLE closer to actually being a teenager. I would like to relish what I have left of what are supposed to be the "easy" years. That brings us to my sweet little kindergardener - we MUST find a new game to play besides Star Wars. Frankly, I'm just not that good with a light saber!

No comments: